Thursday, August 9

Wycombe

He calls me his bestfriend. And on a good day "you're my girlfriend Jess"
Da Bowling Alley



Snugglepot the spectator






Mummy with Snugglepot and Cuddlepie




The victory dance.




It's the summer holidays here in Rickmansworth. And on the few days that the toddler doesn't have nursery, we plan play dates. These can sometimes consist of walks around the Aquadrome feeding ducks or hosting a pool party where 6 toddlers run wild. The girls will be playing tea parties in their princess swimsuits and from behind, the boys will be sneaking up, hose pipe and water buckets in hand. There will be a scream. One of the girls starts to cry, the other has bopped a boy with her teapot and the third doesn't know if she should start laughing, because that's what the boys are doing. So she raises this horrendous noise which nearly pops my eardrum and runs to the protection of her oblivious mother.

Tuesday: We woke to cloudy skies and rain on our windows. There were plans of a picnic taking place in a National Nature Reserve. We  went bowling instead. High Wycombe is no royalty's burrow, but has amazing shopping. As I walked at a fast pace trying to catch up to my London mum, my hands were itching at the vast range of shop fronts. Monsoon  Next New Look Forever 21...
 
I could ramble on as to how successful our game of knocking pins down was, but I won't bore you. Let's just say I'm never competing against a pregnant mumma and two toddlers again! The results were humiliating and degrading....




2 comments:

  1. I trust that iPhone the little girl is holding in the second photo is not her own! :-)

    ReplyDelete