Tuesday, November 27

Londance: the made-upness of a word


















Londance.
Where London sparks romance.
Like on a Saturday night, you're stepping out of the theatre and in to the crisp midnight air. The rain has stopped its monotonous drizzle, leaving a shiny wetness around the Square. There's no need for a coat and I take my beige gloves off, the ones with a tiny leather bow at the wrist. Taxis whizz past, splashing cold drain water on to the sidewalk. Red double decker buses carry a small number of passengers, most of whom look out their windows wearing tired and withdrawn faces.

Trafalga Square is empty. And I stand leaning against the damp stone wall, snatching still pictures of the night sky. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! - photos plus description... :-)
    Enjoy these last few weeks- I'm sure its going to be bittersweet leaving… :-(
    Lots love Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should remark on how great the photos are and since when did you become a creative writer, but!
    How in the heck do you do night time photography and get actual photos? Is my camera a moron, or am I a duffa??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be so hard on yourself. Seriously! I have done a heap of 'night' photography around London and these are the only ones worth showing. Apart from my Firework ones, but that was just a fluke :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, now I want to go visit London ! :)

    ReplyDelete