Monday, July 23

Paris is always a good idea #1


Invalides

Notre Dame


Paris when it rains

I got to capture a wedding!

Pont Alexander III Bridge


A model photo shoot on Place de Pyramides



Ernest helping plan our 3 days together


Our apartment was only a 5 minute walk to this :)



On the River Seine 

Our street, Rue de Grenelle

The courtyard

The Louvre


I was in Paris for 3 days.alone. You can imagine the joy (not to mention relief) when mum and dad arrived late Tuesday night at Gare de Nord on the Eurostar.

When I've been out all day doing the things that tourists do, I never walk in to my hotel room/apartment without looking behind doors, shower curtains and under beds. I've seen too many scary movies, okay!
My last night alone, I had come in late with the most incredible sandwich chaud. Oh it was bliss. Rissoles, cheese, salad cream, onion, melting butter on a warm crusty baguette...
I looked in the closet and behind the sofa, baguette in hand, just in case someone was hiding there waiting for me to fall asleep as the hours drew on, then BAM...I'm dead.
It was after midnight, I had watched a movie, then turned the lights out and slipped under the covers.
I tossed and turned. Upstairs was holding a very loud party, I lay awake listening to all the chitter chatter of the french language.  

How romantic would it be if I was fluent in French...

The party noises have died down, it must be close to 2am. I'm wide awake. My feet are aching. Why did I walk hours and hours along the river bank when I could have sat in a cafe reading my book over a latte...

The fridge has stopped it's noisy racket, thankfully. It's been humming for hours.
I don't feel comfortable.
I don't feel alone.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid.
There's a constant, soft sound near by that I have only just noticed.
It sounds like breathing.

And I remember...
I didn't check under my bed.




2 comments:

  1. Yet, you lived to tell the story! I'm so glad.
    Beautiful pics BTW - one talented young lady.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! This made me laugh … you poor thing though! I understand how you must have felt - I don't like being all alone either!
    The photos though are so lovely - I love some of the scenery shots you got - so pretty and Paris like!
    Hope you're keeping well! xx

    ReplyDelete